This year Ride the River will be held on August 20, 2022. The ride will be on will start at the Kankakee County Fairgrounds. This year the ride will not be crossing Rt. 17 or Rt. 1. The ride will cover approximately 50 miles in the Aroma Park area. The ride will be limited to 150 tractors. Lunch will be served at the Stauffenberg farm.
August 20, 2020 – Get ready!!!
Tractor Ride starts from the Kankakee County Fair & Exposition Grounds
213 W. 4000 S. Rd. Kankakee, Il. 60901
Riders will leave the fairgrounds at 8:00 AM SHARP!!
- The Ride starts promptly at 8:00a.m.
- Groups will be assigned and you must stay in the assigned group during the ride.
- Passing of other tractors is not allowed.
- Tractors participating in the ride are not allowed to pull a wagon, flat bed, camper, or any other apparatus.
- All tractor drivers must be a licensed driver, 16 years of age or older.
- Tractor drives will be asked to show their valid driver’s license on the day of the ride.
- Riders are permitted with CIGC Board approved seat.
- All tractors must be equipped with an SMV sign (Illinois State Law) and tow strap.
- NO ALCOHOL is allowed during the Ride.
- All tractors must be able to travel at least 11 MPH.
- PROOF OF INSURANCE is required for all tractors.
- Riders are required to abide by the rules during the approximately 50 mile Ride the River Antique Tractor Ride.
- Payment via check for the ride should accompany the application.
- Check should be MADE PAYABLE TO CIGC.
- Proof of insurance must be sent with the application.
- The application must be received by August 10th, 2022 for entrance into Ride the River 2022.
- The application has been emailed to members of the Central Illinois Green club. It is also available for download here.
- The application should be mailed to:
C/O Jim Moody
PO Box 8
BONFIELD IL 60913
Here is a video featuring the tractors from the abbreviated 2020 Ride the River. We had fun in 2020 and we hope to have even more fun this year. Please join us!