Ride the River 2014
Welcome to the “Ride the River 2014” tractor drive. The 2014 ride began at the Kankakee County Fairgrounds. The usual compliment of riders registered and had a wonderful time on the ride. For the 2014 ride, the registration fee was $50 per driver. This included a commemorative had, lunch and snacks. Extra riders are $25 each and that includes a hat, lunch and snacks. Non rider lunches are $11 each.
Photo Gallery and Video
Check out the Ride the River 2014 Photo Gallery. We would like to extend a thank you to Ron Lukow for photographing the event!
Here is a video that shows highlights of the 2014 ride.
Signing Up to Ride The River 2014
Signing up to Ride The River is easy. Just fill out the registration form and mail it in with your proof of insurance and your check. Then show up for the ride! The registration form is available here – download registration form.
Directions to Ride The River 2014
The ride will begin at the Kankakee County Fairgrounds: 213 W 4000 South Road Kankakee IL 60901
- From I-57 Exit 308, South on Route 45/52: Travel one mile to the Kankakee County Fairgrounds. Watch for Ride the River Signs.
- From Kankakee: On Route 45/52, approximately four miles south to the Kankakee County Fairgrounds.
Once you are at the Kankakee County Fairgrounds please follow the signs to truck and trailer parking.
Ride The River 2014 Itinerary
Each ride has had an itinerary and this ride was no different. The official itinerary will be published in July. Until then this is the tentative itinerary!
Friday, August 22, 2014:
- Arriving tractors may unload and line up from beginning at 2 PM at the Kankakee County Fairgrounds.
- Tony’s Pizza will provide pizza at no cost to the drivers from 5:30 to 6:30 PM or until it is gone.
- Security will be provided overnight for the tractors, trucks, and trailers.
Saturday, August 23, 2014:
- Registration will take place from 6:30 to 7:30 AM at the Kankakee County Fairgrounds.
- Announcements will begin at 7:30 AM.
- A driver’s meeting will occur promptly at 7:45 AM.
- The ride will begin at 8 a.m. sharp.
- Return to Kankakee County Fairgrounds at approximately 4:30 PM.
- Here is the Official Ride the River 2014 Itinerary.
- Here is the route Map for the Morning and the Afternoon.
Ride The River 2014 Additional Information
- Please arrive with your tractor in good working condition
- A slow moving vehicle (SMV) sign must be displayed
- Those tractors equipped with shared or auxiliary seats must be approved by the Central Illinois Green Club Safety Committee. The decision of the Safety Committee is final.
- Maps will be provided the day of the event for those who will be following our progress.
For any questions, or additional information, please contact John or Nancy Evans at 815/933-6908.
Ride The River 2014 Sponsorship Information
Thirty companies and individuals sponsored Ride the River 2014. We would like to thank all the sponsors. Here is the sponsor list in alphabetic order.
|Benoit Aerial Spraying||Norman Bauer Trucking|
|Mark Chapman||Bauer Truck Service Inc.|
|Chebanse Ag Service Inc.||Olde Tyme Supply Inc.|
|Country Fruit Market Inc.||Pontiac RV|
|Stan & Janeen Dietz||Roger Hertz Trucking|
|Duffy Baier Snedecor Funeral Home||Shaaf Window Co.|
|First Farm Credit Services||State Bank of Herscher|
|Hendrix Town & Country||Supreme Landscape|
|Herscher Autotech||The Farmer's Daughter|
|JK Steel Erectors Inc.||Thee Olde Time Farm Show|
|John Panozzo Fruit Market||Tony's Pizza|
|KRK Plumbing & Heating||Value Partners Seed Service Inc.|
|Lindgren Enterprises Inc.||WalMart, Bourbonnais|
|Melco Tire||Will County Threshermens Association|
|NDY Manufacuring||Kankakee Fairgrounds|
Ride The River 2014 Press Information
Here is the official Ride the River 2014 Press Release.
Once again we would like to thank everyone for their support!
We hope to see you at this year’s Ride the River tractor Drive!